Wednesday 27 April 2011

Diorskin nude liquid and compact foundations

Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup (left), Natural Glow Sculpting Powder (right)
As I've just reached the bottom of my Diorskin Nude liquid foundation I've realised such an excellent product calls for a review. I've decided to pair it with its sister product, the powder foundation.



Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup


I don't have much experience with liquid foundations, until now I used them very rarely, only during winter. Now I must admit something's changed and I've been using Diorskin Nude on daily basis since Christmas. I don't want to say that this foundation brought about this change, it's rather I grew up to be a foundation user. Diorskin Nude definitely is a pleasure to use. First of all the consistency is just right for me, not too thick, not too watery either, also the shade suits me (020), it's kind of neutral beige without yellow undertones. The coverage is buildable, for me one layer is absolutely sufficient to even out the tone. When I read 'glow' on the packaging I usually expect shimmer. In this case the finish is indeed glowy, but not in a shimmery way. It's more of this  dewy glow from the inside, there are no sparkles of any kind. You may wear it alone or matify with some kind of setting powder. The foundation is truly moisturising, I've never experienced any dryness or tugging. Now that I've reached the bottom of the bottle I'm considering what foundation to buy next and I would definitely repurchase if it hadn't been for the inqiusitive nature of mine, perhaps there's a better product out there. I must say , however, that it will be very difficult to satisfy me, the stakes having been raised so high by Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Hydrating Makeup.




Natural Glow Sculpting Powder


Being so satisfied with my Nude foundation I decided to explore the line further and got myself the compact foundation for the summer season. The packaging is classy silver case, a bit large for travelling, and it contains the powder and a large, flat brush. I personally do not use it, but it's not that bad. This powder consists of 3 stripes: powder, contour powder/bronzer and a highlighter.

At first I tried to use it as instructed, trying to apply each shade according to their function. when I used the powder to my surprise my face turned ghostly pale, I didn't expect that cause I'd bought exactly the same shade as the liquid foundation. Applying the dark contour shade was a pain,  the stripe being so narrow and actually it did nothing in particular to me. I also couldn't figure out how to use the highlight on my cheekbones. So I gave it a swirl with a kabuki brush and that was it. All the shades mixed together create a lovely glowy look, the shade is just right, and the coverage surprisingly good as for a mineral foundation. This definitely is a perfect alternative for liquid foundation for hot summer days and the best mineral foundation I've used so far.

 What is more I've found an alternative use for the highlighter, this is the only part of the product I use separately. This makes an excellent eyeshadow to discreetely accentuate browbones. The colour is very light, natural pinky beige and marvellously highlights the browbones without being noticeable at all.

This is the product I will definitely keep repurchasing as long as it's in production and the good news is that you may simply get a refill at about 25% off.


Disclaimer: I bought the products myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment