Wednesday 27 April 2011

Lancome eyeshadow quad: Ultra Lavandes Cool Harmony


This is a review of 2011 spring collection "Ultra Lavandes" eyeshadow quad. First of all I must say that I love the packaging. It is a slim, black glossy case with gold butterflies and matte ribbon and Lancome logo imprinted on it. Looks really stylish and classy. But as far as the content is concerned I am safisfied a bit less. The quad consists of 4 eyeshadows, each in different hue and texture. Let me start from the bottom left and go anti clockwise. No 1 is a golden yellow with a lot of shimmer, intended to function as a highlighter, no 2 is the lightest shade of lavender, matte with the Lancome rose embedded on it, no 3 is the middle tone pearl, and no 4 is the darkest one, sheer with a lot of shimmer. When I was buying the product I loved the different shades of lavender and I knew I would never use the golden yellow. But it turned out it was the other way round. It actually looks just natural and nude, not yellow, but the problem is it is far too sparkly for everyday use. And unfortunately this is not the only sparkly eyeshadow in the box. So I'm about to come to my point. The problem with this quad is that while the colours are gorgeous and I absolutely love them the textures are totally wrong. I think that someone who designed this quad wanted to include too much in one box, and the effect is just the oposite. What I mean is that it is hard to give yourself a nice daytime look.

The lightest shade is a bit chalky, serves as a sort of highlighter, if used alone gives this nice blueish aura, used over the darker shades helps to smudge and soften any sharp lines. I love the middle tone most, it's got nice creamy texture, pearly finish, applies smoothly, so I use it as my base colour. The last one is intended for contouring or alone, the colour is gorgeous, but it's glittery so it kind of doesn't match the pearly one, and it is impossible to achieve a nice daytime look with it. I've got chunky glitter all over my face, what is more it makes the box messy and gets into the other shades, so actually all of them are now shimmery. Everything would be fine if this had the same pearly finish and if I wanted glitter I could always apply the golden shadow over the lavender. Eyeshadow quads are supposed to be versatile, and with this one here there are 2 solutions: either you use each eyeshadow separately (no blending, contouring etc) or the only look you can achieve is the glittery party look.



Disclaimer: I bought the products myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment