Wednesday 11 May 2011

Clinique: True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer in Sunkissed


True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer in Sunkissed

This is the first real bronzer I've ever bought, so I find it quite hard to write a proper review since I lack a point of reference. Nonetheless I feel I've made a good purchase for this summer. First of all I must say I like the packaging. Although it's plastic and looks rather brittle I'm sure it won't break. Also in spite of being plastick it looks classy. I must say that the packaging has very often put me off buying Clinique products (the green plastic was horrible) but I can see they are working on the new lines of products in silver or brown, so maybe I'll buy their products more often. It is also sold together with a rather decent brush for contouring, which you can use for travelling.
As for the bronzer itself I believe it's got a very nice tone and tiny shimmer, but I don't notice this shimmer once it's applied, which is good as I was looking for something rather matte. It's quite sheer, which is perfect for fair complexions such as mine. I bought it mainly to contour my face and it does its job perfectly. I love the fact that the powder is soft, so you don't need to scrub it with a brush and this gives you more control over what you are doing. One sweep is enough for me to draw the contouring lines. I also tried sweeping it all over my face and I looked naturally tanned without any yellow undertones.
The only disadvantage is that it does not have any SPF and I'm currently on the lookout for products with sunscreen. I don't think I will ever need to repurchase, I think I won't use this up till the end of my life.

Disclaimer: I bought the products myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

1 comment: