Wednesday 22 June 2011

Chanel Ombre Essentielle no. 50 Jungle (review + swatches)

Chanel Ombre Essentielle no. 50 Jungle

Chanel Ombre Essentielle no. 50 Jungle (flashlight)

a swatch (daylight)

a swatch (flashlight)

Gorgeous eyeshadow, lovely colour. It's deep, dark green with a bit of shimmer, which looks almost matt on the eyelids. This is the second Chanel single eyeshadow I've got and it's much sheerer than Magic Night. It seems that all of them have different finishes and pigmentation. Nonetheless this is a good quality eyeshadow, very creamy, blendable, with no fallout. I like to pair it with Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner no. 20L, which is a kind of peacocky tone, which could match both greens and blues. I really see no cons of this shadow, but if I were to buy a green eyeshadow again, I would choose Estee Lauder single(don't remember the name), which somehow escaped my attention.

EDIT: I've noticed a weird thing, the colour payoff differs substantially depending on a brush you use. It seems highly pigmented when applied with a round contour brush. When applied with a flat eyeshadow brush ( and these brushes are my favourite for applying most of my shadows) the colour is so poor, it's almost non-existent. So if you're having trouble with this shadow, try a number of different brushes to see which one gives the results you expect.
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment