Thursday 16 June 2011

ELF mineral lipstick in Cool Coral (swatches)



ELF mineral lipstick in Cool Coral
I've been wanting this lipstick for a very long time and finally I got myself one. Free shipping on the German website did the trick and I couldn't resist ordering a thing or two. I'm a big fan of the mineral lipsticks by ELF. I love their nice, classy look, their creaminess and smoothness, and the fact that they don't cause any allergic reactions or irritation to my lips (which happens quite often with many lip products).
When it comes to this lipstick in particular I'm not sure what to think. Of course it is as creamy and nice as other mineral lipsticks I've got, but I'm not certain about the colour. When I opened the packaging I sighed with relief. When you buy things online you never know what you'll get, so when I saw this gorgeous coral colour with golden streaks running across it I was overwhelmed with joy (see the picture above). 
a swatch in daylight

In fact the colour turned out to be quite sheer and not as deep and vibrant as it showed on the lipstick itself.  Also the shade seems somewhat different.

on my lips, no flashlight
 While in the artificial light of my bathroom it looks rather coral indeed (picture above) in broad daylight it seems a very sheer pinkish kind of hue with gold sheen (picture below). It's not bad, especially for the holiday, creates a nice, natural and relaxed summer look. I think this would suit blondes perfectly, I'm not quite sure whether I like it on myself. I don't wear pinks and nudes on my lips, so I guess I'm not used to this kind of look.

on my lips, with flashlight


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment