Sunday 26 June 2011

Products I regret buying

These are mostly products which are poor quality or they don't do what they promise to. But I'll start with a product which is good, but simply too messy and time consuming.

1) POWDER MINERAL FOUNDATIONS

Don't get me wrong. I love mineral make-up and mineral foundations especially in the summer and I use them a lot (I've had The Body Shop, MAC, ELF). What I find troublesome is the manner of application: tip, work it, swirl,  and again, tip, work it, swirl, . MAC is supposed to be applied with this weird sponge, so it even doesn't have a lid where you could deposit some of the product. It takes time and the coverage I get is always very discreet, I don't see much difference between a mineral foundation and a mineral setting powder. Both are very light and sheer. I prefer my mineral make-up in the form of pressed powder. Dior Nude for example works wonderfully and takes seconds to apply with a good kabuki brush.

2) SMASHBOX PHOTO FINISH TARGETED PORE AND LINE PRIMER

In my humble opinion this simply doesn't do anything except clogging my pores.

3) INGLOT CREAM CONCEALER in GREEN
The consistency is like melted chalk, this thing not only doesn't work, but also leaves white patches.

4)INGLOT LIP LINER 
I thought this would work for my lips as eyeshadow base for the lids, I couldn't have been more wrong. The lasting power of a lipstick stays the same, but the colour changes into most unexpected and weird hues. Not very flattering actually. What's more it broke in half after few months of not- using it.

5) ELF MINERAL CONCEALER

Again, a product which doesn't work at all. What's more, contrary to other ELF mineral products, it's not finely milled and it's hard to get the product out of the sifter. Good - it's not messy, bad - it's simply stuck inside the jar.


 
6) ELF DUO CREAM EYESHADOW
I no longer have this product, it landed in the bin straight after trying it out. This is a greasy cream of different pigmantation (from very sheer to rather opaque) with no staying power, which sinks into fine lines and disappears from the lid . Setting it with powder eyeshadow doesn't change anything. Awful stuff, stay away from it!

 
7) NARS BLUSH in SEX APPEAL


<>
heh, find a swatch game: believe or not this is the heaviest swatch I could get, it's about 10 layers of the product or more

I probably wouldn't list this product here if it hadn't been so expensive. But for the price I expected something better. This is one of the worst blushes that I've got. Pigmentation is non-existent, you need to layer it on and on and it looks like you've plenty of powder on your cheeks. What's more the blush is really chalky, therefore awfully messy. Makes a nice setting powder for MAC Cremeblend blushes, though.

8) DIOR "5" no. 104

 I'm really reluctant to say this, as a devoted fan of dior cosmetics, but this eyeshadow 'cinq' is very bad quality. I mean, the colours are gorgeous, that's why I bought them, but they are more chalky, hard to blend and messy (plenty of fallout) than many low market brands. Pity.


9) FRED FARRUGIA EYESHADOWS



These eyeshadows would be lovely if it hadn't been for the fallout, it's heaps of glitter under my eyes!

10) MAC SHADESTICK IN SHARKSKIN

I bought it because it was supposed to be like a cream eyeshadow, but it was a hard, thick eye pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment