Monday 4 July 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Mandarin

Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Mandarin

It seems to me that non-sheer lip glosses were created just for me. I like them for their lasting power, colour pay-off, non-stickiness and the shine of a gloss. I'll be reviewing a number of  liquid lipsticks (as they are often called) as I seem to have fallen prey of them.
I'm gonna start with Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Mandarin. First of all I'd like to express my surprise at the qualitication of the colour on Chanel website. It's supposed to fall into 'beige' category, however, it seems to me that either I'm blind or different nations define colours differently. Well anyway I would describe it as coral red, in some light bright brick red. Perhaps the redness is slightly muted by beige, I don't know. Yet, no matter how I classify the colour it's really very pretty. There's no glitter, but the finish is slightly, almost invisibly, pearly. This creates a sort of glowy sheen on the lips.
Texturewise, the gloss is dense and creamy, one layer provides full coverage for my lips. It's non-sticky and really long-lasting. Although it's liquid, sold in bottles with doe-foot applicators.

The two pictures below were taken in slightly different light, I hope this helps to see what the colour looks like.

As you can see one layer of the product is fairly opaque and provides full coverage.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment