Tuesday 9 August 2011

Bobbi Brown Long-wear gel eyeliner in Denim Ink (review+swatches)


Bobbi Brown Long-wear gel eyeliner in Denim Ink
 I have mixed feelings about this product. I absolutely love the colour, which is dark metallic blue, but nothing close to being black. The shade and the sheen are simply gorgeous and very wearable, match a variety of make-ups.

On the other hand, what surprised me was how thick the "gel" consistency was. It's much closer to cake eyeliners. Maybe this product is a bit on the dry side. This is my first gel eyeliner and from what I'd gathered from numerous reviews and tutorials the line drawn should resemble ones drawn with liquid liners, the difference being the simplicity of use. But the line I'm able to draw is not as thin, intense and sharp-edged (picture below). Perhaps I'd ecpected a product which actually doesn't exist on the market, but then what's the difference between cake liners, cream liners and gel liners? I don't mind this dryness that much cause as I said I love the colour and I'm sure I'll make good use of the product, I'm just a bit disappointed.
Bobbi Brown Long-wear gel eyeliner in Denim Ink




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment