Tuesday 9 August 2011

MAC blush in Mocha (review + swatches)

MAC blush in Mocha
To the best of my knowledge the colour mocha is a kind of milky-coffe brown. That's why I'd never considered buying a mocha blush cause brown blushes look horrible on me. To my surprise MAC perceives mocha as soft plum-pink, which in reality is a sort of dusty rosy colour. In practice MAC Mocha is a lovely blush, which can be used on everyday occassions. It's matte and relatively sheer, but can be built up without looking cakey.

What I dislike about the blush is the powdery consistency. The brush instead of picking the product sends chalky dust everywhere around (this makes the blush so sheer in application). The problem does not lie in the brush as I've tried a number of options, but in the blush itself. This is my first matte blush by MAC and I must say that other finishes are much creamier. Nonetheless I really like this blush cause this powderiness does not affect the performance, it simply makes the palette messy. The colour is lovely and wearable and that's all that matters!

MAC blush in Mocha (blended out and heavy swatches)

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment