Monday 19 September 2011

Essie nail polish in Lady Like (review + swatches)


Essie Fall 2011 collection of minis 

I bought this polish as a part of 4-piece fall collection, I definitely wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Nonetheless, I deciced to give it a go. And all I can say about the colour is that the name is surprisingly appropriate if you perceive ladies as victins of conventionalized life, improsoned within the boundaries of social appropriateness. The colour is a cool dusty beige rose, almost nude, my hubby even managed to notice similarity to dead corpse nails (heh), but I'm sure he said out of spite. It's not beige/ivory enough for a classic nude, but it definitely belongs to the category of safe colours which will be acceptable on office environment. I used a matte top coat on one hand and I seem to like this option better, as it gets sort of more interesting.

Essie nail polish in Lady Like + Nail Tek Quicken + Nail Tek 10-speed (bubbled horribly)
flashlight


Essie nail polish in Lady Like + Nail Tek Quicken + Nail Tek 10-speed
daylight
 The application wasn't bad overall, but I find Essie polishes on the thick side, compared with other polishes. My first impression was that this wasn't a varnish but wall enamel, was just as creamy and the brush left similar streaks. The second coat, however, evened the surface out and applied really nicely round the cuticle. Thick polish gives you much more control than the runny one if you know how to handle it.


Essie nail polish in Lady Like + Inglot Matte Top Coat
flashlight


Essie nail polish in Lady Like + Inglot Matte Top Coat
daylight
 Overall:
Qualitywise the polish is fine, but the colour is a "no" for me. Perhaps my mum will like it?

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment