Thursday 29 September 2011

OPI nailpolish in Road House Blues + Orly Royal Velvet (review + swatches)

OPI Road House Blues


Road House Blues is the second polish from OPI's Touring America collection which caught my attention. It's dark blue creme polish, leaning towards purple in certain lighting conditions. Obviously such a dark shade looks best outdoors, in the sunlight, but I like the way it looks also at nighttime, almost black, but not as dark as real black. If I had to use one adjective to describe the polish I would say classy is the one.
As always with OPI the application was a dream. Reached full opacity in 2 coats.
OPI Road House Blues (outdoors)

Then I thought I'd experiment a bit with the polish. I added one coat of Orly Royal Velvet, which is a magical dark blue/purple shimmery duochrome. Et voila! The result is gorgeous! Cool toned dark blue/ teal/purple  metallic hues - all depending on light. I'm gonna wear this combo a lot, especially to refresh the faded look of Roadhouse Blues after a few days' wear.
OPI Road House Blues + one coat of Orly Velvet Rope

OPI Road House Blues + one coat of Orly Velvet Rope
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment