Saturday 29 October 2011

China Glaze nailpolish in Velvet Bow (review + swatches)


China Glaze nailpolish in Velvet Bow (direct sunlight)
 Velvet Bow is a gorgeous burgundy red, but not dark enough to be mistaken for black. Rather vampy. This is the shade I was longing for. Unfortunately, to my surprise the polish was extremely difficult to apply. Although I wouldn't call the consistency thin and runny and the polish wasn't sheer at all, it applied very unevenly. The polish was dripping in blots and applied in horrible stripes and smudges. I needed four coats to even out the polish and get the desired result. This is a big surprise cause I normally like the quality of China Glaze polishes. I'll definitely continue using it for the sake of colour, but I believe there are much better dupes out there.

China Glaze nailpolish in Velvet Bow  (away from the sun)

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment