Sunday 6 November 2011

China Glaze glitter polish in Ring in the Red


China Glaze in Ring in the Red
 Yes, I know, I promised not to buy any more glitters, and actually this polish landed under my roof by mistake. I didn't bother to read any descriptions before ordering it and I'd thought this would be a shimmer polish, not glitter. I hate glitters cause they're so hard to remove, but with this one the struggle wasn't as long and troublesome as with OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy with It, so I guess I'm gonna use it quite more often.

Ring in the Red looks very pretty on its own, but you need 3-4 coats to make it opaque. It looks even better when applied over some dark polish like dark, vampy red or black. Ring in the Red is rather small red glitter with sheer red base. The glitter distributes evenly on the nails (much better than Gettinng Miss Piggy with It) and dries pretty quickly. There's a need for a top coat to make all that sparkle come out.
over Nails Inc in St Pancras
 The polish isn't very unique, I guess every brand has something similar to offer, but it's a kind of evergreen, which will always add glam sparkle on festive occassions. It's good to have it in my stash, though I won't use it very often.

over Nails Inc. in Charing Cross  (centre) and Nails Inc in St Pancras (right)


Unfortunately the polish chipped badly within a matter of hours. Boooo.

China Glaze in Ring in the Red - started chipping badly a couple of hours after application, but I suspect bad base coat (Nail Tek) is the culprit

 Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment