Thursday 24 November 2011

Rouge Dior lipstick no 522 (Bronze Zeline) review + swatches

Rouge Dior lipstick no 522 (Bronze  Zeline)
I've been wanting this lipstick for sooo long. And now I'm disappointed. Although there's nothing really bad about the lipstick, it is a kind of meh product for me.
First of all: the colour: it seemed to me that the colour was a kind of shimmery coppery, brownish shade, but as it turns out it's coral orange with gold shimmer. Not very bad, but I've got at least 3 coral or orange lipsticks and I wanted something different, more muted for the autumn. What is more this tone is not terribly flattering for my pinkish skintone. Actually the shade seems to me fairly similar to ELF Mineral Lipstick in Cool Coral.


swatched in daylight

As to the quality of the lipstick I must say it's very moisturising, but feeling greasy at the same time. Now that I'm back to work my lip products are put to a serious test as I spend a couple of hours in a row talking. My Dior Rouge completely fails this test as it fades away quite unevenly within the first 30 minutes.  

This is my first Dior lipstick after many years' break and I don't feel tempted to get any more of these.




on my lips



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

4 comments:

  1. If u have pinky complexion u should never wear coppery or coral hues, thea are suited to warm golden skins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, but the problem is that these shades appeal to my taste and I'm naturally drawn towards them but unfortunately I can't wear them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the warning; it does come across as "coppery brownish shade" which now I see it's not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up giving this lipstick to my mum, whose skin is olive-toned, and she adored it!

      Delete