Friday 9 December 2011

Benefit Bella Bamba blush

Benefit Bella Bamba blush
So finally I got it. I'd been considering getting one of Benefit blushes for almost a year before I bought it simply because they're so expensive here in Poland, much more expensive than in the UK, not even mentioning the states. This is actually the case with every high+end beauty product here. So I took advantage of 20% off promotion at Sephora and took this little beauty home with me.

So what do I think of it? I like it a lot and I suppose this is not the last Benefit blush I've bought. The blush is madly pigmented, but it's easy to apply and blend. It's sparkly shimmery, but my face doesn't look like a disco ball once it's applied. It stays on for a decent amount of time and I find the brush surprisingly appropriate. I'd read numerous reviews criticising their brushes and I agree this is a top quality brush, but it fits the box excellently and actually applies the blush nicely.
What I don't like about the blush is the packaging, I mean I love the box'o'powder design, but I find the flip top highly inconvenient as it won't stay open. It's also too bulky to be carried in a make-up bag for any touch-ups, although it's clearly intended to be carried as it contains a mirror and a brush in its plastick tray.
Many people say they love the smell, so I was super excited to have a nice-smelling blush (I love my face powders to smell, well... powdery?). But the smell of this blush is kind of artificial, I find it irritating, not my type of  smell at all. Fortunately it's not as strong as I thought it was gonna be.

All in all, despite of the drawbacks,  this is currently my favourite blush and I'm looking forward to testing Hervana a lot! I suppose this time I won't wait for a year, I"ll get it as soon as my local Sephora stocks it!

and a swatch

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment