Monday 26 December 2011

Chanel Illusion D'ombre long wear luminous eyeshadows in Mirifique (85) and Illusoire(83) - review & swatches

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre belong to the group of hybrid eyeshadows which have became immensely successful this year. The texture is spongy or moussy but the product applies like cream eyeshadow. You may use your finger for a slightly shearer coverage or a flat brush with long, fairly stiff bristles (attached) for more opacity or to line your eyes. If you choose to apply this eyeshadow with your fingers it's not because the product needs a bit of a warm-up cause it's so wonderfully soft and creamy. What's more they are soo easy to blend or sheer out, you can make a perfect smoky eye in a couple of minutes without any particular effort. And the make-up won't need almost any touch-ups during the day, the eyeshadow won't budge, smudge or crease.

As you can see I've got 2 of these eyeshadows and I must say that they differ, not only (obviously)  in terms of the colour or finish, but also in quality. Whereas Illusoire is perfect, Mirifique is not flawless.

So let me begin with Mirifique:
Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Mirifique
As you can see Mirifique is a gorgeous black eyeshadow with masses of large silver glitter. You can create a number of different looks using only this eyeshadow. I make a lovely smoky eye using it with a blending brush, or I use it as the most beautiful eyeliner. The lines may vary from 1mm to 1cm and they always look stunning. The best thing about this shadow is that all this glitter clings to the lids so well that it stays they as long as you wear your make-up. This is very rare about glittery cream shadows or liners - they seem glittery in the box, but it does not show on the lids. This one DOES show. This is so unique that you can actually recognize that someone is wearing this particular eyeshadow (I know it from my own experience).


Mirifique - applied with the brush attached (L) and sheered out with a finger (R)

Unfortunately there's one major flaw connected with this eyeshadow: it crumbles. I think it results from the amount of glitter that the texture is more gritty and crumbly than Illusoire. This doesn't affect application as such, which is still very smooth and even, but there's some fall out of tiny bits which have crumbled during the application. And can you imagine what pitch black dots of creamy nature look like when accidentally smeared? They make lines across your face as if you were covered with soot! And it's not enough to remove these black spots right after the application, the crumbling continues all day. 


Regardless of this serious flaw this eyeshadow remains my favourite eyeliner cause it looks so pretty. Simply irresistible.



Chanel Illusion D'ombre in Illusoire
 Illusoire is really spotless. This is a very shimmery taupe eyeshadow which can be applied lightly for a sheer wash of colour or even tinted shimmer, I would say, or a more defined colour. Surprisingly enough it is also very wearable for daytime looks cause all this shimmer comes to play only in artificial light or direct sunlight. In December gloom it doesn't look sparkly at all. It looks nice on its own and even better blended with Mirifique. Although taupe is not my favourite colour and I hoped it'd actually be more silver I absolutely adore this eyeshadow and recomment it to everyone who likes beautiful, effortless make-up.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment