Friday 27 January 2012

Benefit Hervana blush - review & swatches


It seems to me that spring of 2012 is gonna be all about pink blushes. Most respectable make-up companies are releasing something pink like Dior Rosy Glow, Nars Gaiety, Horizon de Chanel, Lancome La Roseraie to name but a few.



Hervana's toy windmill pattern looks nothing close to being pink. This is an array of colours ranging from warm beige to this very dark purplish beet shade. Looks quite mad, doesn't it? Well when swirled together all these shades combine to create a very wearable light peachy pink. Although you can see tiny shimmers in the pan, the blush reads mostly matte but by no means flat. Really pretty and I guess would flatter a variety of fair to medium skintones.



The quality of the product is amazing. Although it's fair it's very pigmented and I have no issues with the blush not showing on my NW20 skin. It applies easily and blends nicely and lasts a decent amount of time. The brush provided is totally useless when you want to swipe it across all these shades. And actually with the box being so tiny most brushes just dab in the centre. I'm currently in the phase of experinenting with different brushes and figuring which one would make the best swirl. So far my Maestro tapered brush is the winner.

Although obviously  these stipes are a gimmick and it's hardly possible to pick the colours separately (not with a blush brush at least) I tried using the lightest one as a highlighter on my brow bone and it looks really really nice.

And the last thing which I really appreciate in case of this blush is that it's quite hard. I normally prefer much softer powders, but this time hard texture makes perfect sense cause first of all when you swirl the brush inside the box it doesn't sent clouds of dust in all directions and mess the inside of the box and more importantly these stripes don't get stained at all! The pictures above show the blush after a good couple of uses and it looks untouched. So if you'd like to use these shades separately as highlighters, blushes, eyeshadows or whatever else there's no danger that they'll loose their initial colour.


The bottom line is: a great blush for the spring. 
ehm... what am I talking about? it's -10°C here today.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment