Thursday 5 January 2012

Dior Skinfinish highlighter pen


I'd been considering getting an undereye concealer or highlighter for over a year and put off the decision because of the periodical underrighteye allergic reactions I'd been suffering from. Finally I decided to give one a go. I set off to Sephora to take advantage of their 30%off sale and get YSL Touche Eclat. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately the shade I'd chosen was sold out so I followed the Sephora MUA's advice and got a similar product by Dior instead.
Since then I've been using the highlighter every day to my great satisfaction. What I like about is obviously the effect of illumination and evening the skin tone, and also the fact that it doesn't dry out my undereye area. and I haven't felt any unpleasant or allergic reaction so far. My shade is 002 and it looks very natural on my skintone.

What I don't like about the pen is the brush applicator. It's not convenient enough to be used as an applicator, it's hard to control the amount of the product released from the pen ( I turn it once and nothing happens, turn it twice and a large blob begins appearing on the brush, so much more than I need). It's also hard to keep the brush clean. I swipe it against a tissue after each use, but I guess I should rub it clean with alcohol to avoid the remains of the highlighter clumping and messing the freshly squeezed product. I suppose a squeeze tube would be much more convenient, though not as nice-looking.

All in all I think we've become friends and I'd repurchase if it weren't for my desire to experiment with other products.

EDIT: There's sooo little product in the pen. Used it up after about 2 months and believe me I'm not a big concealer user. Good product but extremely expensive. Can't afford to buy it on monthly basis.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment