Friday 3 February 2012

Korean goodies: Skinfood Apple Can Multi Blush #1 "Apple Pink"


The only reason why I bought this blush was because it was so cute and so Asian that I really wanted to have it as an object, not as a beauty product really. And this said I must say I'm not disappointed.


The blush lies on the bottom of an apple or rather kidney-shaped metal box, the top of which flips open to reveal a mirror and a lovely, fluffy powder puff adorned with a cute little ribbon. The blush itself consists of 3 stripes of uneven size: very light pinky pearl highlight, darker peachy pink blush in the middle  and a tiny light pink stripe on the bottom. When you use the puff you can actually transfer this stripey look onto your face, the contrast between the pigmented blush and the highlight being particularly visible, but not in good sense. If the highlight and the blush are not blended they contrast so much that the highlight looks like white spots under the eyes. Though I must admit that theoretically the idea of full cheek make-up in one swipe does work out here.

When used with a proper blush brush this one behaves like a very decent blush. The colour is rather pigmented, glows nicely on the cheeks due to its satin finish with occasional sparkles. And it smells insanely like Dolce & Gabana Light Blue (not my favourite perfume at all, but I love perfumed powders and blushers) and this smell lingers on for a really long time.
these colours are very representative of what the blush looks like in reality

All in all this blush is of surprisingly good quality, the only thing I can hold against this little cutie is that it's not as branded as I like my make-up to be. But now I'm having a crush on Korean beauty products and I do enjoy having Skinfood Apple Can Multi Blush in my stash.
and here it is swatched
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment