Saturday 4 February 2012

Korean goodies: Tony Moly Whipping BB Cream # 01 "Ivory"

Tony Moly Whipping BB Cream is a product I wanted to have because of its ingenious packaging.
This is a mousse-like foundation contained in a jar, the top of which holds a little retractable brush ( see the sequence of pictures below). 



As for the product itself I'm in two minds about it. It's weird I both like and dislike it at the same time. Does this make sense? I guess it doesn't. So let me explain.
I'll start with my reservations. First of all I'm not sure if this should be called a BB cream at all. This is a foundation of moussy kind which does not have any attributes of typical BB creams: no SPF, no healing properties, no acne treating properties, no wrinkle care, no moistirising properties etc. Why is it called a BB cream - I don't know. 

The brush provided is of excellent quality. It's both stiff enough to blend the product and soft to touch. It's like a good quality kabuki. The problem is that when I use it to apply foundation the foundation it settles into my pores accentuating them like hell. When used with a sponge the foundation looks much better. Nonetheless the brush is so nice I'm sure I'll keeep it after I've used up this foundation and it will be a perfect, pocket-size brush for powder or blush.

Now on to the good things. This foundation is the fullest-cover foundation I've got. When correctly applied it really makes a difference, skin looks sooo smooth. This is a matte foundation which dries to powder so you don't need to powder your face. I definitely don't recommend this for dry skin cause for sure it will feel uncomfortable. And  unlike some other BB creams this one will never replace a moisturiser. I have oily skin and this foundation is really good for oil control, but dry patches start appearing on my cheeks, though I suppose this might also have something to do with the extremely low temperatures


Shade #01 "Ivory" is a neutral beige which makes me look pale, but in a nice sense. Elegantly pale, I would say. But definitely this is not the kind of look I'd enjoy on holiday (unless I decide to go for Goth gathering in Bolkow). This foundation will have to be skipped for the summer anyway cause as I've already said it contains no SPF.



All in all with a hint of blush this foundation looks really classy and nice. But it also makes you look all made-up, kind of unnatural, like all these gorgeous Asian girls reviewing Beauty products on You Tube. I'm not absolutely sure if I want to look like that. But it's just me. 

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment