Sunday 26 February 2012

Make Up For Ever purple eyeshadow #92: review & swatches



30% discount at Sephora rendered it affordable and worth giving a try. This is most obviously an eyeshadow, though it's marked as Blush Powder. How can this thing be a blush - I don't know.


The shade is insanely pigmented vivid, mid-toned matte purple. It definitely needs to be toned down with darker, calmer shades to make it wearable. I love to wear it together with the aquamarine cream eyeshadow by MUFE, worn as a liner. Seemingly these two don't match, but actually they make a stunning combination. Not for the faint hearted, though.


What I like about is the shade and the fact that it's a matte eye shadow with decent colour pay off and that  when applied the shade is actually the same as in the pan, which is rare in case of  matte eyeshadows.


What I don't like about it is that it stains the eye lids like hell. After removing the shadow my lids are horribly pink, as if I was suffering from a terrible irritation or allergic reaction, or cried all night before. No eye shadow has ever stained my lids before. Weird. I guess it's because it's sooo pigmented!






Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment