Thursday 22 March 2012

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation: a review


I was given 2 of these samples to try out when doing my Sephora shopping. The amount was  sufficient for a couple of applications, and I guess I'm able to give my opinion on the product. I've never used the original Double Wear foundation so I"m unable to compare these two.

The samples I was given were in intensity 2.0 which was a bad colour match for me. A tad too dark and made me look orange. The substance was very liquidy and it seemed rather dewy then first applied, then it turned completely matte. I haven't had such matte foundation in years! No need to use powder at all. It helped control oil very well, my face stayed reasonably matte for very long, which is really good.
Moreover, the foundation didn't settle in my pores and lasted all day.
Due to its liquidy formulation it applied easily with my fingers and even better with a sponge.

Now for some reservations I have about this foundation:
When I received these samples I consulted Estee Lauder website to find out that this is a light, sheer coverage foundation, which led me to believe that this product would resemble my beloved Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. The foundation is nothing close to Vitalumiere Aqua. First of all I don't believe the coverage is that sheer, to me it seemed at least medium but not buildable (when overapplied it turned chalky). Secondly the word light may refer to the liquidy formulation cause this is not light make-up at all. I  very definitely felt I had foundation on since the moment I applied it till the moment I removed it in the evening. Very heavy for a lightweight foundation! I don't mind personally but I know some people might be surprised.

All in all I'm still interested in this foundation because of the long-lasting matte finish it gives. I'll try intensity 1 out and if the colour match is fine I might consider getting it full size.


Disclaimer: complimentary sample

No comments:

Post a Comment