Saturday 10 March 2012

Inglot matte gray eyeshadows #348 & # 387: review and swatches



I must say I'm not a fan of Inglot but I buy some of their stuff only to be disappointed and put off for some period of time.
This time I got encouraged by enthusiastic reviews of make-up gurus, bloggers and youtubers that Inglot eyeshadows are definitely worth giving a try. With a very low price tag of 10PLN ( £5 or $3.5) the risk was minimal and the surprise great!
Inglot348
First of all these round refills fit my MAC palette but also MAC eyeshadows can be stored in much cheaper Inglot Freedom System palettes. The only problem is that MAC palettes aren't magnetic, their shadow pans are, whereas in case of Inglot it's exactly the other way round. The result is that you may store MAC shadows in Inglot palettes but if you want to keep Inglot shadows in MAC palettes you need to stick a small magnet to the pan. I use my son's promotional Danone fridge magnets.

 Matte shadows are first of all hard to find and then they usually lack pigmentation or are really hard to get out of the pan (eg. MAC) . This is not the case with Inglot. Their mattes are incredibly soft, highly pigmented and easy to apply and blend. They may look chalky in the swatches but they're absolutely not when used. And when used over a primer they last all day with no signs of creasing or fading.


348 is a warm-hued dark gray. Dark but not nearly black.

Inglot348


I bought 387 to match 348 to create a softer smoky eye version. Again, it's a kind of warm-toned gray, only lighter this time. Excellent as base shadow. These two most certainly make a lovely pair.


Inglot 387

Inglot 387


#387 all over the lid, #348 crease, Chanel Illusion d'ombre in Mirrifique as a liner


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment