Sunday 18 March 2012

Korean goodies: Skinfood Royal Honey line samples: a review

This review is gonna be based on samples received with my Korean orders. I was sent a number of  samples of Skinfood Royal Honey products and I decided to review them in one post.

The line consists of a large variety of products that have highly moisturising properties and treat the skin with honey extracts.


According to the producer this eye cream contains royal black honey and royal jelly extracts that moisturise and add a nice honey glow to the delicate skin around the eyes.

I must say I haven't noticed any positive effect on my skin. I'm very fussy as regards my eye creams and this certainly is not my favourite. It's rather dense and hard to distribute, has a very greasy feel when applied. It takes time for it to finally sink in and when it does it leaves my skin uncomfortably dry. This actually often happens when I use these heavy, thick eye creams. Liquid, gel-like formulas work way better for me.


Royal Honey Nutrition Cream is "a nutritive tratment cream with royal black honey and royal jelly extracts that nourishes and transforms skin into a nice honey-glazed complexion".
The cream is very rich  and heavy, though it applies surprisingly smoothly.  Not bad for night time to give my skin proper nourishment and anti-wrinkle treatment, totally unusable under make-up. I suppose it's a good cream for very dry skin types.



Royal Honey Hydro Cream is actually the best suited one for me in the line. The cream has gel-like consistency and leaves my skin almost matte, a bit dewy with a slightly sticky feel, which this time isn't a bad thing cause it makes my foundation cling better. I'm considering purchasing this one full size, but on the other hand I believe there may be better skinfood creams for me.



I"ve also tried Skinfood Honey Nutrition Essence of which I have no picture, this essence turned out to be a watery substance which made my face extremely sticky. I can't imagine using it under make-up on its own, not to mention following the essence with any of the creams mentioned above. Perhaps as night time  skin care routine.



Disclaimer: based on complimentary samples

1 comment:

  1. Anti wrinkle injections are a purified protein which is injected in minute quantities into the muscles of the face in order to relax and soften the lines and wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete