Saturday 28 April 2012

Eisenberg Fond de Teint Correcteur Invisible #1Natural: review & swatches




I got a sample of Eisenberg Fond de Teint Correcteur Invisible from my local Sephora. First of all the colour match was wrong, the shade was too dark and too yellow. I hoped it'd adjust itself to my skintone (Like MAC Matchmaster does) but it didn't. I suppose shade #2 Natural Rosy is the one for me.
Secondly this was the most watery foundation I've ever used. And when I say watery I mean it. When I dispensed it on the back of my hand it started to run uncomfortably making me scared I'd mess everything around me. So I grabbed the first brush I saw and tried to prevent disaster by splashing this substance on my face without controlling the amount of the product I used. Using a pump in a full-size product would definitely solve the problem of dosage.

So what do I think about the foundation regardless of the obviously wrong shade?

  • this is definitely a lightweight foundation. Even though I applied too much I didn't feel like I was wearing anything on my face.
  • it offers buildable coverage, sheer to at least medium
  • the finish is light glow (on my oily skin), when dusted with powder stays nicely matte
  • SPF25
  • good at oil-control
  • there are only 4 shades of this foundation, which is definitely a downside.
The manufacturer promises this foundation will hold at least 12 hours in all climates regardless of skin type. It's also supposed to have soothing, moisturising and rejuvenating properties thanks to a number of plant oils and extracts. Sounds good, doesn't it? So where's the catch? Well, the price tag! This foundation costs over $100 in Polish Sephora! In spite of the fact that this is a very decent foundation there's nothing that justifies the price. Invisible Fluid Makeup by Estee Lauder is just as good (actually it's very similar in terms of coverage and finish) and costs a third of the price, the same can be said about Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I really adore high-end make-up and I'm seriously addicted to it but to everything there is a limit...


No comments:

Post a Comment