Friday 20 April 2012

Korean goodies:Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder - review

Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder
 I ordered this powder cause I'd run out of my beloved ELF HD powder and I thought I'd try something else. The idea of the powder is basically the same, it's finelly milled translucent white powder which provides flawless matte finish.
Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder
 There are several reasons why I choose Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Powder. First of all I'm a big fan of  their Peach Sake line, secondly I love the packaging and finally I'd read a number of good reviews. And now I must say I'm in two minds about it.


So what do I like about it?

  • the packaging is very nice
  • smells lovely
  • excellent for oil control
  • flawless finish
  • makesmy face soo smooth to touch

Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder
What do I dislike then?
  • I find it hard to apply it correctly. If you use too much it turns very cakey. The puff picks up too much product in the centre of the puff and I haven't figured out the way of sheering this out before application. The best way I found so far is to dip my ELF kabuki brush into the sifter (it fills the entire space) turn the box upside down, then back, then swirl the brush inside and then gently pat it on my face. 
  • not suitable for flash photography
  • the thing which bothers me is that there was very little product in the box (see picture below). The packaging wasn't sealed when it arrived and particles of the powder were floating here and there. I buy my Skinfood products from my trusted E-bay seller and actually I have no reason to suspect him of stealing some powder from me. Why would he do that? There's no way of trading this powder without the packaging! I suppose the parcel had been opened by the customs (perhaps I'd ordered heroin from Korea, who knows) and they simply spilled half of it! 


All in all this would be a nice product if it wasn't so easy to overdo.



can you see how little product there is?






Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment