Thursday 12 April 2012

Korean goodies: Skinfood Fresh Apple Pore line review



Fresh Apple Sparkling is a brand new line of cosmetics by Skinfood. The line consists of a toner, emulsion, serum, cream and two products for men which I don't bother to pay any attention to. All of these products target pores and are intended to contract them and minimise their appearance by controlling production of sebum. These are supposed to contain apple extracts to diminish the appearance of pores and carbonated minetal water to leave the skin feeling fresh.

I was sent by one of my favourite e-bay sellers samples of most of the products in the line (except the serum) to try out. I used them religiously as instructed: toner, followed by emulsion and then by cream and here's what I found out:

1. Fresh Apple Sparkling Pore Toner
I was somehow mislead by the name "sparkling" and I expected to feel some kind of sparkle on my face but there's no sparkle whatsoever.. The toner is very definitely alcohol-based ( I actually like these toners cause they help me combat the occassional blemishes I get) and leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. But it does have quite strong alcohol smell.

2. Fresh Apple Sparkling Pore Emulsion
The emulsion is the most liquidy emulsion by Skinfood I've tried. It applies easily, sinks in quickly but remains sticky on your face. Smells fresh and makes a good start for the day but if used without the cream described below it leaves my skin sticky and shiny and I prefer it to be much more matte (it would get shiny after a couple of hours anyway).

3. Fresh Apple Smooth Pore Cream
The cream is an invaluable discovery for me and I would recomment it to anyone with pore problem or anyone who wishes to have her skin nicely prepped before applying foundation. To me this actually is not a cream but the best pore and mattifying primer I've ever used.
The consistency is quite thick but it applies so nicely. I think it contains silicones cause it makes my skin soooo incredibly smooth. Pores become invisible and my skin gets visibly evened out and this cream eliminates all the stickiness of skin after using the emulsion. My skin is matte and smooth but has a unique rubbery feel ( like some nail bases do),therefore  I find it easier to apply foundation by stippling or patting, not gliding in strokes or circles but it adheres so incredibly well and stays put all day.
This product is a must for me and I'm ordering it full size as soon as possible.


All the cosmetics in the line have a pleasant, fresh, citrusy smell, which is good cause I expected green apple which isn't one of my favourites. I believe most products in the line are worth having but they're not indispensable whereas the cream is a must-have!

This review was based on complinemtary samples.


EDIT:
I got the full-sized pot of cream and I must say it's slightly different than the sample, not as thick in consistency, therefore is less similar to a primer but still a very good product to use under make-up.

ANOTHER EDIT:
Thanks to the invaluable comment I received I realised the cream I bought is different from the one I sampled. There are two of them: sparkling and smooth, sparkling being an excellent moisturiser and the smooth one resembles a primer. I'm gonna order the smooth one cause it's perfect and use it under make-up and use the sparkling one before going to bed.



Disclaimer: I bought the full size product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

8 comments:

  1. I read your review about the peach sake line and fresh apple sparkling. In your opinion, which one is better and which product do you use right now?

    nice & thorough review btw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both lines are fantastic but they're different. Peach Sake emulsion and serum leave a sort of powdery finish, whereas Fresh Apple cream is more dewy to touch. Peach Sake emulsion and serum are very similar, the emulsion just seems to be a diluted serum so I can't say which one I'd choose. I'm currently using the Fresh Apple cream cause it seems fresher and more moisturising but on warm and humid days like today nothing really works as far as combating shine is concerned.

      Delete
  2. yes i have the sparkling pore cream as well. I am visting korea right now and there are two types of the fresh apple cream. there is the smooth pore cream and the sparkling. I dont know the difference between the two but i am planning on buying the smooth pore cream as to compare the two types of creams. From what i have heard, the sparkling is more liquidous while the smooth cream has a thicker consistency and more like a primer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your priceless comment! Now I understood what has happened. I ordered the sparkling one without realising there was another one. I'm about to improve my mistake straightaway and order the right one and make an appropriate comment in my blog post!

      Delete
  3. I wanna ask so what is the difference between the sample and the pot actually because I see there is no difference *look at the label. both are sparkling apple pore cream...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I've made a mistake and got the name wrong in the text. I've made the necessary corrections. Thank you! ;)The one in the pot is Sparkling Pore Cream which is a nice moisturiser, Smooth Pore Cream is sold in a tube and resembles a primer.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing with us your very detailed review of this Skinfood product. I will wait for your another review of beauty products. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Other reviews are coming up! I'm currently testing the Watery Berry line!

      Delete