Thursday 17 May 2012

Clarins Ever Matte liquid foundation #103


Clarins Ever Matte liquid foundation #103

Yes, I admit it, I'm foundation-obsessed. And I'm on constant lookout for a decent matte foundation which would control oil without being too heavy or too drying or too cakey. After reading many positive reviews and with a substantial discount coupon I set off to my local Douglas store to get it. I was lucky enough that they were understaffed that day and I could play around with Clarins stuff and make a final decision without being attacked by sales assistants ready to do anything to conclude sales and thus increase their end-of-month bonus.
I picked #103, the lightest shade available. After leaving the shop to my horror I saw it'd oxidized awfully on my hand making a scary mauvish spot. Fortunately this never happened on my face. Actually this is one of the best foundations I've ever used. It offers very even, natural looking look with its medium coverage and matte, yet not dry finish. The foundation lasts all day long, when lightly dusted with loose powder it stays matte for very long hours, and even then I don't really need to blot out or reapply powder cause my face still looks fresh, just slightly more dewy (but never too greasy).  
The only thing I don't quite like about this foundation is the smell. I normally like my cosmetics to have a scent but this one is simply not my taste. I can't describe, there's nothing it reminds me of and I would prefer it not to be there.
This foundation is my first Clarins product in years, now I feel encouraged to explore the brand in more detail, their Ever Matte Mineral Powder Compact already figures on my wishlist.

Clarins Ever Matte liquid foundation #103

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 



No comments:

Post a Comment