Wednesday 9 May 2012

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup in 2CN1: review, swatches

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup

With the nearing summer I thought I needed to switch to a lighter foundation. I didn't feel like repurchasing my beloved Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua so my eyes fell on Invisible Fluid Makeup by Estee Lauder.

This was a truly excellent choice. The foundation is weightless, I apply it with my fingers cause I don't think any tool would be more appropriate for such a feather-like liquid.  

The colour match is also good, 2CN1 is a light neutral beige with no pink or yellow undertones.

The coverage is quite light, but that's exactly what I'm looking for in summer foundations. The finish is much more matte than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which again is an advantage. The foundation has no fragrance (unfortunately) and lasts all day on me, but then most foundations do.

What surprised me in a summery product was the lack of any SPF. This is kind of against the current trend of loading all kinds of products with sun protective chemistry. 
I actually think Estee Lauder is right. We should use a decent amount of good sun cream under our foundation instead of beguiling ourselves with the belief that a tiny layer of SPF20 foundation or a dusting of  some SPF 50 powder is going to protect us from the harmful effects of the sun.  I'm not gonna develop this topic cause I've got so many reservations and queries about how the idea of sun protection is abused by manufcturers of cosmetics that they deserve a separate post.

So in my opinion Invisible Fluid Makeup is a perfect choice for summertime when I don't want to look too made up walking with my kids or playing with them in the melting sun on the beach. For an evening out I'd choose something different, with better coverage and oil control.


Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup #2cn1

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment