Wednesday 30 May 2012

Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #23 and #32: review

Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #23 and #32

Inglot is such a hit or miss company you never know what you're going to get. Their range varies from products, like their eyeshadows and pigments I'm exstatic about to less than average products like the eye pencils I'm gonna write about.
Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #23 and #32

When I was buying these pencils I was aware these  wouldn't probably be the best pencils in the world. I could see at the first glance they wouldn't be waterproof or long-lasting cause they smudged very easily when I applied them to my palm and some time later wiped them with my hand. They didn't set the way my MUFE or Urban Decay pencils do but they're dirt cheap so I decided to try.

The pencils are nicely pigmented, they apply evenly but they're not soft enough for my liking (the matte is softer than the pearl one). I thought they could sometimes serve as eyeshadow base but I can't imagine covering the entire lid without pulling and dragging.
Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #23 and #32

I also hoped these would smudge nicely to be helpful for creating smoky eyes but they tend to vanish into thin air when I smudge them. They just don't cling to my eye lids!

Feeling the urge to experiment more with the pencils I used them on my waterline, which was the BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER. They got into my eyes making them dry and giving the unpleasant feeling of having grains of sand in my eyes. I removed my contacts, I removed all make-up but still this feeling continued, my eyes were too irritated to wear contacts for another couple of days. This has never happened before.

Colourwise # 23 is a matte gray, soft and highly pigmented. Applies evenly without any bold patches etc. #32 is gunmetal silver, much harder and quite unpleasant to use but it's more smudgeproof than its matte counterpart..

So to sum up, these pencils are average drugstore products, every low-end make-up company has a product like these. I just expect from Inglot sooo much more. They will do if you don't wish to play with them too much.  They're cheap and have good colour range which is why I might be tempted to get some more even though I'm not fully satisfied with them.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment