Monday 14 May 2012

Lierac Mesolift : Vitamin Enriched Fondant Cream



This cream was included in my May Glossybox and I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be and do. From the name I gather that it's a kind of vitamin packed foundation or cream, a tinted moisturised perhaps? This is the first time I've heard of a product called like this.
Moreover after using this product for over a week I'm no less puzzled. The product does have beige colour (similar to Benefit's Porefessional)  but the colour doesn't transfer on my face. The cream is invisible, doesn't tone down any redness, hide any imperfections etc. Looks like any ordinary cream. I thought "fondant cream" might mean some sort of foundation base or primer, but then the finish is too greasy for foundation not to melt (very dry skin may be an exception here).

As regards the product itself it absorbs quickly but leaves skin very shiny. Dry skins may benefit, for me using it inder make-up on a hot day was  a terrible, terrible mistake.
The sample was big enough to use the cream for over a week (and still there's plenty of product left), it was long enough to start seeing some changes but I didn't. I use the product at night, but I'm making a mistake if this is a tinted moisturiser cause I don't cleanse my skin properly.
Moreover I started breaking out here and there, it might be the cream or whatever else, you never know.

It's a nice product, smells lovely, but I get similar results using drugstore skincare products. This is the reason why I rarely splash out on high-end creams. They're all very nice but there's hardly any difference between them and cheaper alternatives like Garnier, Nivea or L'Oreal (Shiseido Benefiance being the only exception to the rule).

I won't be getting a full-sized version cause first of all I think it's a day cream which is supposed to erase tiredness and dullness of skin and I can use it only as a night cream. Secondly I can find millions of cheaper dupes which are as vitamin- packed  and nice smelling as this one and cost only a fraction of the price.

Based on Glossybox mini product.

No comments:

Post a Comment