Saturday 12 May 2012

MAC Hey, Sailor collection: Pigment in Naval Blue

Hey, Sailor pigment in Naval Blue

This pigment is my second pick from the Hey, Sailor collection by MAC. I simply couldn't resist it. It's such a gorgeous navy blue shade with pearly finish. I suppose it's not the most unique eyeshadows in history, there's not twist like duochrome, hidden sparkle or whatever else and perhaps this is why this colour appealed to me so much. 
Hey, Sailor pigment in Naval Blue

It applies smoothly, blends effortlessly and when used over a UDPP primer lasts all day long (over 12h) without creasing or fading. There's much less fallout than you'd expect from a powder eyeshadow. But what I like most about this eyeshadow is the fact that with a drop of some sealing liquid (I use Duraline by Inglot) you may transform it into liquid eyeliner which  matches your eyeshadow perfectly but is only a tone or two darker,  This can be done with any eyeshadows but the problem is that if you dab your brush in the liquid first and then  try to pick some shadow you'll ruin it cause it'll turn into a hard shell. Pigment is easy to pick up and transfer onto some other surface where it can be mixed with Duraline safely. No fuss, no damage done.  

Hey, Sailor pigment in Naval Blue
And here are the swatches. The one above was taken in natural light, away from the sunlight, the one below - facing the sunlight. Gorgeous, isn't it?

Hey, Sailor pigment in Naval Blue

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment