Wednesday 16 May 2012

Rene Furterer Naturia dry shampoo

This shampoo was my Glossybox product which I was most glad to get. I wanted to try out a dry shampoo for along time and now I've had the opportunity.

After testing it a couple of times I can say this is a godsend for those with very oily straight hair. Spray evenly, comb your hair thoroughly and you're done! The hair looks beautifully refreshed, lifted and volumised.

Unfortunately this product, just as I expected, isn't meant for me at all. I have very dry, fine, thin, curly hair. The shampoo did work on my hair in a sense of giving my hair a boost and uplifting it at the roots but it left my hair very dry, matte and frizzy.  The thing is that dry hair like mine hardly ever needs washing at all. I was it for hygienic and styling purposes rather than because it becomes oily. Moreover, you need to comb the talc thoroughly out of your hair, otherwise it will look dusted like an 18th century wig and so it happens that curly hair doesn't like combing, makes mine look all frizzy, and it hang sadly in floppy strands. And finally, dry hair tends to be quite matte and talc-based product makes it more matte than ever.

I was really happy to try this product out. This'll prevent me from wasting money on a full-sized product. I'm considering giving this one to my mum or perhaps I'll keep it for emergencies.

Review based on a mini-sized product from Glossybox May.

No comments:

Post a Comment