Sunday 10 June 2012

Inglot 20-piece round eyeshadow palette


Today I'd like to say a few words about my 20-piece Inglot eyeshadow palette. 
I picked the one out of diverse Inglot palette selection for many reasons. First of all it's huge and it holds all my Inglot eyeshadows for the time being but I suppose I'll need another one soon. Secondly Inglot round pan eyeshadows are exactly the same size as MAC  so I can store my MAC eyeshadows there, needless to say that Inglot palette costs a fraction of MAC palette price. Also, round Inglot eyeshadows are much cheaper than their square counterparts, so again it's more economic

As I have said the palette holds 20 eyeshadows, and has a very modern design. Instead of a conventional hinged lid, there's a semi-transparent removable cover, which is held in place by 4 strong magnets in the corners. The base is black and the magnets look like some kind of fancy studs.

Contrary to MAC palettes, it's not the eyeshadow pans that contain magnets but the base of the palette is magnetic. This means that MAC eyeshadows stick to Inglot palettes, but Inglot eyeshadows fall out of MAC palettes unless you stick magnetic tape to them. 

This palette is an excellent choice and good value for money but unfortunately there are a couple of drawbacks.

First of all it's really heavy. The material it's made of is good quality, inflexible plastic, very reliable but heavy.

Secondly, there's no simple way to remove the eyeshadows from the pan. Do you see the dents in the eyeshadows in the top right corner? This happened when I was trying to pick them up using some sharp object.

Thirdly, the magnets in the cover are so strong that when you slide the cover along the eyeshadows they pop out attracted  by the magnet. Now I use this as a method of removing the shadows from the pan and the method is 90% successful with the exception of the shadows in the corners which are stubbornly held in their position by base magnets.

All in all, imperfect as it is, this palette is the most practical eyeshadow palette I've seen.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment