Friday 15 June 2012

Nars Pure Matte lipstick in Moscow: review




Nars Moscow is the red I've been dreaming about ever since it reached the market. It's described as strawberry red so imagine my surprise at seeing the product. It contradicts my idea of strawberry red completely and believe me I know something about strawberries. We're in the midst of strawberry season after all! So the shade is a very muted red with brown or sometimes orange undertones (very much depending on light). This is the kind of flatter-all shade of red, also suitable for those who'd like to wear red but aren't daring enough. It looked good on me (pink-toned) and on my yellow-toned mum, I'm absolutely sure it'd look beautiful on women of colour as well.

The finish of this lipstick is matte, obviously. But it's avery comfortable kind of matte to wear. Doesn't look like wall paint on lips (like Illamasqua lipsticks tend to do) and it isn't hard to apply evenly. This matte formula, quite surprisingly, feels very comfortable and lightweight on my lips without leaving them dry.
This lipstick, like all matte lipsticks, has a great lasting power and stays put for a good couple of hours without eating or drinking.


I wanted to take some pictures of Moscow against strawberries or next to Nubar Beguiling Carmine nailpolish (which is a really good match in my opinion) but I incidentally showed it to my mum, she saw it, snatched it and that was it. Bye bye Moscow!  So I don't own it any more. But my mum is such a big fan of this lipstick that the wants me to order one more for her in case she incidentally runs out of it or it gets discontinued (there's no way of persuading her that it's just been launched and stay around for another couple of years).



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment