Sunday 1 July 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo finally in Poland! #20 Turquoise Forever, #45 Infinite White & #15 Endless Purple review

Maybelline Color Tattoo 
At last! It seems to me that we're the last country to introduce Maybelline wonder product, namely Color Tattoos. I'm grateful for that but for some reason unknown the manufacturer has decided to limit the colour range to 8 shades out of which I picked 3 and in the future will pick one more which was currently sold out.
I opted for shades I don't normally choose (except purple) cause first of all I didn't want to double the shades I've already got and I felt I had the opportunity to experiment with new shades and finally these bright colours seemed to scream holiday to me.

Maybelline Color Tattoo 
I'm a big fan of cream eyeshadows/liners and I've got quite a collection of them so it's rather hard to impress me but these three are great! A low-priced drug store product which performs so much better than many high end cream eyeshadows! All of the three are smooth and soooo easy to apply and blend! They are also incredibly bright and pigmented. What I love about them is that they're so versatile. They may be used alone as eyeshadows or as bases for other shadows, may look sheer or bold and what I like most about them is that they may be used as top notch liners.

Maybelline Color Tattoo 

The shades I've chosen are: 
Endless Purple (#15) which, true to its name, is a bright vivid purple with pearl finish which underperforms slightly when compared to others. It seems less creamy and more patchy when swatched.
EDIT: #15 performs decently as a liner whereas as an eyeshadow it sort of refuses to cling to my lid. It clings to my finger or brush and slides off the lid. As a result it takes ages to apply and still looks patchy.

Turquoise Forever (#20) is bright pearly turquoise with tiny silver sparkle. This shade makes a perfect eyeliner and looks beautiful when combined with other bright shades or teal or turquoise eyeshadows. This isn't a shade I normally go for but I'm loving it!

Infinite White (45) is white pearl with silver sparkle. This shade is a bit of disappointment for me, I got it to use as eyeshadow base which would make my eyeshadow shades appear brighter without a change of colour but it doesn't work that way. Eyeshadows layered upon it appear too cool and sparkly and not that vivid at all. So I guess I'll be using it as a highlighter or all over my lid for a summery simple look.   



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 




No comments:

Post a Comment