Monday 16 July 2012

OCC Lip Tar in Melange: review

OCC Lip Tar in Melange

I've read so many good things about the OCC Lip Tars that I wouldn't be me if I didn't want to see for myself what all this fuss is about. Since these are unavailable here I bought one on Ebay, the shipping from the US took less than a week and it's here with me.  
I picked a shade I rarely wear so as not to duplicate anything in my stash (just in case the product itself didn't satisfy me, then at least the colour would). Melange is very difficult to describe, true to its name it has a bit of everything all mixed up in a melange. So I can see here peach and orange and beige and a hint of rose which blend to achieve a sort of bold nude shade (I know it's a contradiction in terms but that's exactly what it is). What I mean is that the shade itself is rather quiet but it's very pigmented and opaque and such an unusual shade that it attracts attention in spite of being nude. I like this shade a lot, it's fairly unique and for sure I don't have any dupes of it.

 



OCC Lip Tar in Melange
When it comes to the product itself I'm not that excited. 
What I like about it is that it's an opaque, pigmented and non-drying formula. It also goes a long way cause you only need a tiny drop to get full coverage.

But the first thing which struck me about this product was that it smelled/tasted a bit off. I'd say this product was past its expiry date. I tried to locate the date on the tube and ended up finding two sequences of digits, both involving number 12, none of them resembling a particular date. Anyway there was no info whether this was production or expiry date.

Another thing is that it's not that easy to use. You definitely need a brush to apply this lipstick which makes it very complicated to do any touch-ups on the go.

This product verges on the borderline between a lipstick and a gloss but it's too runny for a lipstick and not glossy enough and kind of too flat for a gloss. 

And finally I expected this product to last much longer, at least this is what all the reviews led me to believe. I  hoped for a miracle and as it usually is with miracles, it didn't happen. I must admit that as long as I didn't eat or drink anything the colour stayed vibrant and didn't fade. But a cup of coffee, carefully drank, wiped most of it off my lips.

The verdict is that if OCC Lip Tars were available in  my local shopping mall I might get a couple more. But they're definitely not worth blind shopping and paying shipping charges. 
OCC Lip Tar in Melange
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment