Wednesday 29 August 2012

Algenist Targeted Deep Wrinkle Minimiser review


Sephora did a massive promotion of Algenist products, they showered me with samples whenever I bought anything from them. The Algenist products never caught any of my attention, that's why I never reviewed them. Their Targeted Deep Wrinkle Minimiser, however, is worth writing a couple of words about.

First of all, reading the name of the product, I was sure it was an anti-wrinkle cream for mature skin. My skin is not that mature and I don't have any fine lines on my face (except the eye area) to minimise so I didn't think this would work for me. Nonetheless I decided to give it a go. To my surprise the substance inside the sachet turned out to be very thick in consistency and left my skin feeling very dry and tense. I tried to apply foundation over it and it ended up in a complete mess. It simple refused to glide on. I've never seen anything so streaky and patchy. At that moment I decided to consult the manufacturer's website.
It turned out that the Targeted Deep Wrinkle Minimiser is a primer which makes wrinkles optically disappear  and, more interestingly, minimises the appearance of pores.

When I applied this product over a day cream it performed much better. Immediately after application it dried to smooth matte finish. The application of foundation was slightly easier and controllable, though not the simplest task of all. Unfortunately the attempt to set it all with a loose powder ended in a fiasco. The whole thing caked horribly.
To sum up quick for and against:
FOR:

  • makes my skin look incredibly smooth
  • fills in pores and leaves very matte finish
  • packed with lots of moisturising and wrinkle preventing ingredients
  • for those who look for whitening effect this primer offers instant whitening effect
AGAINST

  •  the rubbery finish makes it impossible to apply foundation nicely
  • my face looks matte only for an hour or so, then my oilies break through
  • extremely expensive for a primer 
Disclaimer: I received this product as a sample for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment