Wednesday 22 August 2012

Korean goodies: Skinfood Glacier Water Multi Gel review


Today I'm reviewing Skinfood Glacier Water Multi Gel and I must say I find it hard to figure out what kind of product this is. If it hadn't been for the fact that I'd read the instructions saying that I'm supposed to use it after a toner I would have believed it to actually be a toner in a gel form. However, according to the manufacturer it is not. Here's what we can see on the label:

[Features]
Pacifies skin.Contains mineral such as oxygen, potassium, calcium, sodium, and magnesium Recommended for sensitive skin and rich sebum skin.
[How to use]
¢º Face: After using multi-toner, apply a moderate mount around your face. Dry skin users must use this product more like a sleeping pack.
¢º Body: Apply an abundant amount on dry areas
Interesting, isn't it?
Well, the sample was much too small to use it on my body so I focused on my face. The substance inside is a strongly scented clear gel, which for me this is an advantage cause I like the fragrance a lot. Reminds me of a perfume I had years ago, just can't figure out which one it was. 
Upon application the gel turns very watery and absorbs within seconds, leaving my skin feeling fresh and smooth.  There's no greasy or dewy finish, I suppose this product is oil free. It left my oily skin beautifully matte, which is unusual in the summer. 
My problem is whether I should leave it like this or follow with a cream. Normally Korean essence or serum is more than enough to moisturise my face, in the morning I don't really use any creams afterwards cause my make-up would definitely melt. Before sleep I do treat my skin with something richer. I'm wondering whether this gel could be followed straightaway with a foundation or a BB cream cause in this case it would make an excellent make-up base for owners of oily skin. But on the other hand this gel might be lacking in moisturising, nutritive and anti-wrinkle elements to make it a decent morning moisturiser for daily use. But the vision of successful sebum control is definitely tempting.
I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with dry skin cause it does feel quite drying. It would need to be followed with a rich moisturiser for sure. The instruction that drier skin types should use this gel as a sleeping pack is very accurate. Small amount of the gel would very definitely be insufficient.
I'm tempted to get this gel full size together with the toner which I haven't had the opportunity to try out yet. What I like about this gel is that it's a versatile product appropriate for my skin type and sold in a huge 300ml bottle which resembles a typical mineral water bottle. 

Disclaimer: I received this product as a sample for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

10 comments:

  1. thank for your review , i am planning to purchase this product along with several other skinfood products ...my only question is.. is it suitable for combination skin? i have combination skin...please let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have combination to oily skin and it worked perfectly fine for me, though it was very watery and therefore and left my skin feeling quite dry, which I personally liked. But I have a feeling that it might accentuate dry areas.

      Delete
  2. Are there many youtube review on the glacier toner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. I wrote this review a couple of months ago and I didn't bother to check.

      Delete
    2. What others skifood products would you recommend?

      Delete
    3. My all time favoutites are Peach Sake toner and powder and Watery Berry eye cream

      Delete
  3. Hi i like your reviews, they help me understand better the use of the products, i was wondering if you could recommend me your ebay seller , thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, glad you like them!
      I buy all my Skinfood stuff from gooditem2012, ships instantly, prices are competitive and sends lots of samples. I buy other stuff from rubyruby79 and bellogirl.

      Delete
  4. Hi I just bought the full bottle of this and was unclear on how to use this. I have oily skin. I know you put this on after toner, but do you just leave it on? Don't need to wash this off after?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, as far as I know you definitely aren't supposed to wash this off as it's even meant to be a hydrating night mask/pack. It's meant to be a multi-functional product which you can use just to refresh your face or instead of a face cream, though I found it insufficiently nourishing to be used on its own. However, being an owner of oily skin I would risk using this under some moisturusing foundation like Lancome Visionnaire.

      Delete