Monday 13 August 2012

Korean goodies:Holika Holika Cherry Blossom Essence Mask Sheet review

 Holika Holika Cherry Blossom Essence Mask Sheet is the first mask in a form of a sheet I've ever used. First of all I was puzzled by the four specimens of human race on the package. It took me a while to realise that they might actually be men, which made me wonder who this mask is for. So I consulted other blogs and learned that other girls use it so I went ahead.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the thing let me explain that inside a sachet, such as you can see above, you will find a folded tissue soaked in watery liquid. When you unfold the tissue you'll find out that it's round in shape and has holes for eyes and nose and mouth. All you need to do is to put the sheet on your face and let it rest there for 15-20 min, remove and pat the remains of the essence to absorb.
 The Cherry Blossom mask by Holika Holika smells like... cherry blossom or at least this is the smell I associate with cherry blossom cause it reminds me of The Body Shop cherry blossom eau de toilette I once had. The mask fitted my face well and didn't slide down during the 20 mins , which is very good cause I didn't need to lie flat during all that time. During the application I felt slight stinging on my face and the volatile substances of the sheer kind of irritated my eyes and made them water. I worried I might suffer from some sort of allergic reaction after the application but fortunately I didn't. The mask made my skin dewy and highly moisturised but not feeling sticky or greasy. I must admit that my skin looked very fresh and relaxed. I quite liked the mask and I'm encouraged to use these sheet masks more often. Is it going to be another Holika Holika Cherry Blossom? I don't know, there are so many other things to try out.


Disclosure: This mask was a gift added to one of my purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment