Thursday 30 August 2012

OPI nailpolish in Danke-Shiny Red: review, swatches and DUPES!

OPI Danke-Shiny Red

I can resist nail varnish throughout the year but autumn collections of many of my favourite brands appeal so much to me that I end up getting some of them. My first purchase was three shades from OPI Germany collection, out of which Danke-Shiny Red was the first to try out.
This shade is the proper red, slightly cool toned with red shimmer. This polish belongs to the glow-from-within group of polishes. Gorgeous, especially that I sort of went nuts over shimmery polishes this summer and this infatuation doesn't show any signs of waning.
The formula of this polish was surprisingly thick, at points I feared for the eavenness of application but somehow, magically it levelled out and looks pretty without much effort. Two coats gave a result that was opaque enough. The brush is large and fanned out, covers a nail in just two strokes.
Nail Tek Scarlet Starlet vs OPI Dank-Shiny Red

can you guess which one is different?*


When I first saw DankeShiny Red I felt I had something similar in my collection. My premonition was right, the polish is a very close dupe of Nail Tek Starlet Scarlet. They're not identical, Nail Tek is more warm-toned whereas OPI is cooler-toned, however if you don't examine them really closely, the difference is imperceptible.Even the formula is similarly thick and the brushes have similar shapes. If I were to choose one of these, OPI would be my choice, simply because cooler tones suit me better, however there's no need to have them both. I'm a bit disappointed those two are so similar but since Scarlet Starlet was one of my faves this summer and I used it quite a lot, Danke-Shiny Red will make a nice replacement once I've used the Nail Tek up.
OPI (top), Nail Tek (bottom)


* the Nail Tek was on my middle finger


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment