Wednesday 19 September 2012

Bobbi Brown blush in Peony review & swatches

It's been over a month since I got this blush and I couldn't get myself to write this review. The problem is that the Bobbi Brown blushes get such good ratings that my expectations rocketed to the point where it's almost impossible to satisfy them. Or maybe being an owner of so many blushes I'm really spoilt and it's hard to surprise me with anything. 

Bobbi Brown blush in Peony is of bright dollish pink shade with a totally matte finish. It's super pigmented so it's highly advisable to use it light-handedly so as not to cross the border between healthy glow and cheap Barbie look. It's very soft and slightly powdery so the brush usually picks a lot of product. On the other hand it's very blendable so it's easy to blend it out to the point when only a light stain remains. 
There's nothing that I dislike about this product. Actually I like the shade, the simple yet functional packaging, the ease of application. That's why I can't explain why this blush somehow failed to become one of my favourite cheek products. I haven't reached for it quite as often as I should. Perhaps the competition from such products in my drawer like Burberry blush in Peony (same name, different shade) is very hard to beat.

Bobbi Brown blush in Peony is a very good product but not irreplaceable.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment