Tuesday 4 September 2012

Catrice gel eyeliner in Cruise Couture review


I sometimes make my way to drugstores instead of Sephora and describe such little pearls there as Catrice gel eyeliner in Cruise Couture. 
I bought this liner with a substantial discount cause they were selling out the summer collection which made this product cheaper more accessible than the ever-popular ELF liners.
  I know that this eyeshadow is a limited edition and it might be out of stock when you read this review so I won't focus on the shade as much as on the quality of the product as well. 
This is one of the best liners I've ever tried. And this is what I understand under the term "gel" liner. The texture of the liner is very soft and brings to my mind jelly finish of nail polish. Other gel liners I've tried were harder and seemed to be cream liners rather than gel ones. 
This one goes on sooo smoothly. You may draw a very thin precise line with it as well as a thicker one. Once it sets it's completely waterproof. I use cleansing oil to remove it quite painlessly but traditional removers might find it hard to wipe this thing away.
The shade is very dark navy blue which reads almost black, so if you need a black eyeliner this one may pretend to be a softer shade of black. 

I'm glad I got a cheap drugstore product of amazing quality. The only thing I'm worried about is how long it's gonna remain so soft and jelly like. The manufacturer says it's 6 months, but there's no way I'm gonna use it up in 6 months. I've already had a similar liner by Calvin Klein and it turned to stone within two months of opening. I've had this one by Catrice for a month and it doesn't show any signs of hardening. We'll see.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment