Wednesday 19 September 2012

Circle lenses: GEO Color Nine Deep Blue review


GEO Color Nine circle lenses in Deep Blue are the lenses I have mixed feelings about. I feel it would be easiest to present my opinion in the form of pros and cons.

PROS
  • interesting dotted design which blends well with my natural eye colour
  • defined outer circle which guarantees enlargement and conceals the difference in size between the iris and the lens diameter
  • after initial discomfort in the moment of popping these into my eyes, these lenses are extremely comfortable and can be worn all day without any feeling of dryness. Actually I don't notice that I'm wearing them at all and I usually wear them all day long (I'm half-blind without them).
  • these circle lenses are pretty small, with their 14.2mm diameter they're the same size exactly as my Baush&Lomb clear lenses. For me this is an advantage cause such lenses are more comfortable to wear, cause less irritations and look more natural.  
  • non-transparent colour which covers almost all my iris


CONS
  • these lenses ale weirdly uncomfortable the first moment they land in my eyes. It feels almost like they have sharp edges. The feeling disappears after a couple of minutes and these lenses are most comfortable of all.
  • whille the lenses generally blend well with my eye colour, the colour of the lenses is not a natural blue colour. It's bright dark blue with cool turquoise undertones. This shade makes my eyes much darker than they naturally are. I Imagine on dark brown eyes this will simply add a bluish hue but I don't think they will make dark eyes look blue.

I generally like these lenses a lot, I might explore the line in more detail in search of a more natural-looking colour.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment