Tuesday 4 September 2012

Fudge Violet Toning Shampoo review

When I dyed my hair platinum blonde from red I involved myself in constant fight with ever returning yellow and brassy tones in my hair. My hairdresser recommended getting a violet-toned shampoo to neutralise them. I tried a couple of them, including one by Biosilk, and first of all they didn't work as nicely as I expected them to and secondly they were meant for oilier skin types and left my dry, wavy hair in terrible mess.
Without reading any reviews I bought the Fudge Violet Toning Shampoo, simply because I liked what it looked like. I read the instructions, washed my hair with this shampoo and as prescribed, I left it on for 5 min. At that moment I discovered it stained my hands sooo much! Gosh, this stuff is madly violet. If you ever want do dress up as a corpse bride on Halloween try rubbing this shampoo into your skin and you'll get instant drowned corpse body shade. After 5 minutes elapsed I rinsed my hair, followed it with an Osmo violet conditioner (to be reviewed later) and, well... you guessed it... my hair was violet (blonde). But the brassiness was all gone!
It says that you need to use this shampoo intermittently with your regular shampoo so I use it every third or fourth time and never leave it on for so long and always give my hair a good rinse. And it works perfectly. Combats yellow and brassy tones successfully and for a long time, foams nicely, has a very pleasant smell and what's more combines well with my dry hair. My hair is never too dry or tangled and my curls look nice. I must say I absolutely love this shampoo and I'm gonna repurchase as long as I decide to have blonde hair.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment