Wednesday 12 September 2012

L'Occitane Verbena Shower Gel and Soap with Verbena Leaves review

This is the final set of products from my August Glossybox to review. 
Both are by L'Occitane and both contain verbena. Verbena is not my favourite herb and the smell brings to my mind some kind of throat medicine so both products are a kind of miss in my case. 
I didn't notice anything particular about the shower gel apart from the smell and cute bottle. It produced a nice foam and perfumed my body with verbena but that's it. I didn't notice any other pampering effects. I don't have any issues with my skin so there was no way in which my skin could feel exceptionally treated. So my advice is save your monies and get something nice smelling by Palmolive or other drugstore brands and you'll get the same result. Or use it if you're verbena crazy.
The verbena soap made a much better impression on me. I don't normally use soaps cause they feel too drying but I got it during the spell of warm and very humid weather which made my face extremely oily all the time so I risked using it on my face in the morning to remove all the sebum from my skin before applying make up. The soap contains shredded verbena leaves so I massaged it directly on my face and it worked as a scrub. Not very mild, however. Too scratchy for my liking. The soap is generally too drying to be used on the face and I wouldn't venture using it there in autumn but it helped to control sebum in summer. 
I don't see the point of getting an expensive soap but I really liked the design (little leaf). 
L'Occitane generally doesn't seem to be my pair of shoes. 
Overpriced with no advantages over other, cheaper products.


No comments:

Post a Comment