Wednesday 31 October 2012

Affordable make-up: Catrice gel liner #020 It's Mambo Nr.2 review


Here comes another review of Catrice gel liners. 
It's Mambo Nr.2 is more of a cream liner, I see nothing like gel about it. Upon opening it looked dried out, but the fact that it visually resembled parched earth in desert areas did not affect its performance at all.
The liner is super soft and creamy, it distributes very smoothly with my Inglot eyeliner brush.  
For fear of staining my contacts, I've never tried wearing a cream liner on my waterline and neither did I experiment with this one. On my lashline, however, it looks and performs great. This line produces thin or thick lines which are smooth and even. It doesn't claim to be waterproof, but it seems to be so. This liner is so creamy that it can actually be used all over the lid as an eyeshadow base.

The shade is very difficult to describe. It's a kind of cool-toned, grayish or taupeish brown with shimmer. It's nice, but I would very much prefer it to be a simple generic brown (I actually hoped it to be much more brown than it is in reality). 
I really like the Catrice liner and would definitely like to get more of these, but their colour range is so limited that for the time being I see nothing of interest for me.
This little jar cost about $4 and it's definitely a good value for money.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment