Sunday 7 October 2012

Nouveau Lashes Mascara in Noir review


I received this mascara in one of my Glossyboxes months ago but since I had a couple of other mascaras in use I didn't even open this one. But I did read the info on the leaflet. It said this was a mascara for lash extensions and bottom lashes, though no information like this was to be seen on the packaging itself.

So I did try Nouveau Lashes mascara at last. I really liked the packaging. A simple, sturdy, metal tube which opens nicely and closes tightly. Inside there's a small brush on a long wand which distributes a thin coat of mascara on my lashes. As a result my lashes are lenthened but not volumised. I don't know if this mascara contains fibres but it looks as if it does. There's also no information on the packaging as to whether it is waterproof but judging by the performance it is. I splashed my lashes with water and the mascara did not budge. What's more, and here we come to the drawbacks, this mascara is almost impossible to remove. I used oils, gels, foams, lotions, micellar solutions and no single product is able to remove it. All of them combined in whatever sequence finally do the trick. I wonder how it works on lash extensions, I guess you remove mascara together with your extensions. Having seen how difficult it is to remove I started testing it on my bottom lashes. To my surprise the mascara gave me panda eyes. I could see a black circle where my lashes touch the undereye area. That was definitely too much. Applying this mascara is not worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment