Sunday 28 October 2012

Sleek Shangri-La collection: the Supreme palette review

I must admit that I'm not a fan of Sleek eyeshadows. Most people praise them for their pigmentation but pigmentation is not always the key, to me it's performance that matters more. And Sleek eyeshadows are not the best performers ever.

So you might wonder why I ordered another palette. Well, I'd read that the Supreme palette is a set of matte eyeshadows and I just couldn't resist giving them a go. Then I thought I should cancel my order so I made an enquiry whether my order was despatched ( it was marked as pending for over a week ) but nobody bothered to answer my e-mail or reply to my queries on Facebook. Instead, the palette suddenly arrived at my door while the order was still pending.

The Shangri-La set consists of a Supreme eyeshadow palette and truly mattely deeply matte lip gloss in Soul. While the gloss is worthless (read the review here), the eyeshadows turned out to be the best matte eyeshadows I've ever used and I've used MAC, Inglot, YSL, Stila to name but a few.

All matte eyeshadows were either powdery and dry or lacked pigmentation. Sleek Supreme mattes are extremely soft, but not powdery. They don't crumble at the touch of a brush, but cling to it. They seem to be almost creamy, I'd describe them as more satin than matte as far as their consistency is concerned but the finish is very definitely matte.
Sleek has also come upon a very practical solution for those of us who enjoy both matte and irridescent finishes. They included a white shimmery eyeshadow in the palette, which can be used both as a sparkly highlighter or layered over any of these matte eyeshadows to change the finish into pearl. Very pretty indeed.
I love all these eyeshadows for how soft and creamy they are. They blend perfectly. All the shades are saturated with colour. I generally prefer those on the left hand side but the greens and khakis are also nice.
So let's take a look at the first four: the blues. This is definitely my favourite set. 
Blue Suede (top left) is a very cool-toned baby blue,  R&B (top right) is a gorgeous navy blue, it's seems like it's got some tiny shimmer, but it's just the outer layer. In reality it looks as matte as all other shadows.
La Belle Blue (bottom left) is a pretty faded cornflower blue with purple undertones and Smokey Robinson is a very fair, almost whitish kind of gray.
The second quad seems less wearable to me because I don't look good in yellow-toned shades.
Bronx Black (top left) is a very dark brown, which still is one of my favourite colour in the palette. Looks pretty on its own and may be combined with a wide variety of other shadows to achieve different looks.
P-Funk (top right) doesn't appeal to me at all. It's a kind of very yellowish pea green, the swatch is more representative than the photo above. Al Green (bottom left) is a very pretty khaki colour with taupe undertones for those of you who look good in such shades.  Delfonic is the ugliest colour in the palette, kind of yellow-green, looks like fading edges of a bruise. If you want to look like a victim of domestic violence, apply it high on your brow bone and wear sunglasses. Inquisitive glances will be unavoidable.  
And the last set, dedicated to girls who like fun and bright colours. I don't see myself wearing any of these except the white one.
Grand Master Flash (top left) is bright, warm yellow, Wah Wah White (top left) is the only irridescent eyeshadow in the palette. May be used on its own or on top of other shadows to instantly transform them into pearly ones. Commodores Cream (bottom right) looks like pistaccio ice cream and Shangrilas Lemon is a very pale warm yellow, may be used as a highlight on yellow skin tones, on my skin it looks too obviously yellow.

Whether you like the shades or not is a matter of personal preference but qualitywise these eyeshadows represent the best matte formula I've seen. The palette was more expensive than the regular Sleek i-divine palettes but it's well worth the price. So if mattes are your poison, go ahead and grab your Supreme palette. This is a limited edition, so hurry while the stocks last!



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment