Thursday 18 October 2012

Sleek truly mattely deeply lip gloss in Soul: a review

 Today I'd like to warn you not to waste your money on Sleek matte lip gloss. This is the worst lip product I've ever used. Far worse than worst.  
I didn't choose the shade myself, it was a part of the PPQ Collection Supreme set so I'm not gonna criticise that. But it's ugly and makes me look washed out.

The worst things about this gloss are its consistency, how it applies and how it wears.
Calling it a gloss is contradiction in terms, as this is a truly matte substance which looks, feels, applies and tastes like chalk.  Honestly, it's white, pink tinted chalk, dissolved in some liquid and locked in a tube to prevent it from drying. I did experiment with the application quite a few times and each time it applied streakily. The gloss felt very powdery, dry and unconfortable. 


After about half an hour of wearing it I couldn't resist the temptation to lick my lips as they seemed so dehydrated. Guess what happened? I simply wiped off the thing from my lips, just like chalk from a blackboard. And it also tasted like chalk. Look below to see what it looked like after 30 mins of wear and a single lick.
I've got a couple of other matte lip glosses and I can tell you that other products (eg. Stila) don't underperform like this one.
Horrible stuff. That's all I have to say.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.






No comments:

Post a Comment